Lemon and cut date cake
- 200 g flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ sachet of baking powder
- 100 g butter
- 150 g of sugar (date sugar or date powder; optional for a healthier recipe)
- 1 lemon
- 100 g dates, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (thermostat 6). Butter and flour the cake mold of about 30 cm.
- Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder. Add the eggs one by one, then the melted butter and the grated zest with the lemon juice and finally the chopped dates.
- Pour the preparation into the cake mold and bake for about 40 minutes.
- To unmold, turn the mold over on the worktop. As soon as the cake comes off and comes down, turn it over and place it in the serving dish.
- Decorate the cake with dates cut into Topping.