Couscous ,dates and walnuts
Ingredients for 6 people:
1 kg of fine couscous
300 gr of walnuts (about 10 to 15 pieces)
200 gr of Deglet Noor
dates Some date sugar
200 gr of butter
- Rinse the couscous, drain it and let it swell for a few minutes
- Put the couscous to steam for the first time, in the top of a couscoussier placed on a pot containing boiling water
- A quarter of an hour steam exhaust, remove and sprinkle with a bowl of water.
- Separate the grains well with a spoon and let the couscous soak before cooking a second time. Remove and repeat the operation again
- After the steam has escaped through the grains, cook for another 15 minutes, remove and sprinkle a third time with water, salted this time. Leave to soak and put back on the heat.
- After cooking, pour into a bowl and cover so as not to let it cool
- Meanwhile, pit and cut the Deglet Noor dates into small pieces. Shell and chop the walnuts
- Butter and sweeten the couscous to taste. Add the pieces of Deglet Noor dates and the crushed walnuts, then mix everything
- Sprinkle with sugar and decorate with dried fruits. Serve immediately
- Rinse the couscous, drain it and let it swell for a few minutes.